Businesses and individuals all over the world rely on information and communications technologies in their daily activities. It has become almost impossible to think of any aspect of human existence that is not dependent on technology. And as the world continuously evolves, so do the threats and attacks on our digital livelihoods.
The Importance of Mental Health Advocacy for Techies – The Hub Podcast
- The Importance of Mental Health Advocacy for Techies
- The Impact of E-commerce in Strengthening the Supply and Distribution Chain of Nigerian Businesses
- The Importance of Financial Literacy in Business
- The Impact of Technology on Music Experiences
- Harnessing Tech Skills with the Code Plateau Initiative
In a 2020 report by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Nigeria was ranked #16 in the list of top 20 international victim countries of cyberattacks with 443 complaints relating to internet crime. The Bureau said victims of internet scams globally lost $4.2 billion during the year.
So, in today’s podcast episode, we discuss the importance of cybersecurity in today’s society with Ruth Ki, an expert in the field who shares her personal experience with cyberattacks and how Nigerians can combat such.